22 September 2015
Are you experiencing brand fatigue?
Is your brand losing its edge and vitality? Don’t allow your brand to become sedentary and lose its sparkle, read on for helpful tips that will ensure you brand keeps its competitive edge.
As with many things the more we use a brand the more tired and out-dated they can become. If we look at things, like a car or a home, we must renovate or update to ensure they always look current and fresh in today’s world. If you’re not careful with how your identity is being represented the same thing can happen to your brand.
Your visual identity is your brand ambassador that communicates on a 24/7 basis, you need to be sure that it is always reflecting an accurate representation of your business at all times. Your audience will build an emotional connection with your brand, good or bad, so it’s imperative that you keep an eye on how it’s being portrayed to the wider world.
A successful brand will always promote its personality at every single customer touch point and the need to ensure consistency is absolutely key. Below we have listed some points that you should consider as they may be causing your brand more harm than good.
Inconsistent brand image – Don't confuse your customers
Your brand is the public face of your business and is always working for you when you’re not there. Inconsistency will undermine your professional ability and can cause your customers to look elsewhere. Never a good thing!
Poor quality content – Look out for the Phantom
Google have recently updated their algorithm and now more than ever it's important to provide your audience with relevant and engaging content. Don't stuff your articles with keywords as you will be found out and this can have a detrimental effect on your SEO. The Google spiders will find you out!
Poor website design – First impressions count online
Many potential customers will take on average six seconds to decide if they like your site or not, if it's a ‘not’ then its unlikely they will return. Consider these points and ask yourself ‘does my site look like this?’
- Complex and cluttered layout?
- Poor user navigation and journey?
- Too much text?
- Not mobile friendly?
- No call to actions – CTAs?
- Old fashioned?
If you answer yes to any of the above, you could do with some help, give us a call.
Online reputation - The social conversation
As a huge amount of our communication is now online it’s crucial to ensure that your social positioning is in-line with your overall brand presence. As more and more brands use social media channels to develop trust and loyalty with their clients, it’s critical to maintain a consistent brand identity across all of these channels.
Pin back those digital ears - Listen to your audience
Staying with the world of social, it is important to be aware that if your customers are trying to reach you online then you should be there to talk to them. When companies don’t listen or react quickly to their online audience it can give the message that they don’t care or do not have the time to respond, all of this can be damaging and it can happen in an instant.
So enough of the negativity, here are ten positive activities you can do that will boost your brand and your identity to the wider world.
- Put your customers first – identify who they are and what they really want.
- Create a strong and authentic brand that will resonate with your audience.
- Look at your positioning and tailor your product or service to offer something unique.
- Be truthful to your customers and yourself. If you don’t believe in your brand then no one else will.
- Communicate core values and messaging in everything you do. What's your story?
- Consistency is key; make sure your customers are familiar with your business offering and why you are unique.
- Develop a brand strategy and stick to it, review along the way to maintain those core brand values.
- Use internal ambassadors – encourage staff to understand, believe and communicate the key messages for you.
- Keep it simple; stick to a few concise values and messages. Don’t try to be all things to all people.
- Be ambitious, once all of the above is in place, shout it from the rooftops but always remember consistency is key!
If you’d like to find out more about how we can awaken your brand, give us a call on 01892 541111, email email@example.com or check out our agency credentials on RAR.